7.12.05

just keep on waiting

today has been the day for waiting..
at 10 am, my freelancer had yet to submit any of his three articles..that were due before five today..
around 4.00 he calls me up telling me he won't get the last one done by 5..the one that is to be my front page..yipee..
tough
of course I teach tonight at 7 at the other side of the city..
I was finally able to leave the office at 6.30 and was 20 minutes late for my class. The students seemed forgiving enough..
and my teaching partner gave me a power bar..

so how do I get this freelancer to figure out the whole deadline thing..I think I just have to be ready to run a whole newpaper without a single of his articles..butthen of course it will go well for a while..and then head south again.
Apparently he relistens to all his interviews on tape.. a big waste of time..they're ok for exact quotes, but common - how many exact quotes do you need?

And guess what, the waiting is still the theme at 9.30..
I had told the boy to meet me here at 8.30 to pick me up after class..after half an hour, I checked my messages online and on voicemail - nada..
15 minutes later I call home and he picks up..i'm still unsure on how our lines got crossed..and I'm so tired and also a bit hungry come to think of it..

he's on his way..and tomorrow he's off for two weeks..
feels like its going to be a late night..

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire